We can form a straight element into any design that you might want, to your exact specification. With superb service and a fast turn around, make sure you use TPFay whenever you need a formed element replacing.
Sheathed Elements, Forming Options
Tubular Metal Sheathed Rod Elements are remarkably versatile and can, with the correct techniques and tooling, be manipulated to complex shapes. TPFay Technicians will form our Straight Length Elements to your design requirements. Contact us for assistance and guidance for your design or idea, we will be pleased to help.
Formed Elements – Manual Bending
Custom formations to your requirements are our specialty, bespoke elements can be manufactured quickly.
Formed Elements CNC Bending Machinery
TPFay have invested heavily in custom made CNC bending machinery to enable our technicians to rapidly reproduce multiple, medium to high volume formed heating elements. Machinery can be easily programmed to produce your bespoke heating element design in simple or complex multi -axis formations.
- lncoloy sheath temperatures to 870°c
- Stainless steel sheath temperatures to 650°c
- Copper sheath temperatures to 175°c
- Precision wound nickel-chromium resistance wire distributes heat evenly to the sheath for optimum heater performance.
- Special sealing techniques developed over 25 years of testing are available to prevent moisture absorption over an extended period. This maintains good insulation and dielectric properties over an acceptable timescale.
- MgO insulation filled sheath maximises dielectric strength, heat transfer and life.
- Sheath materials include: lncoloy, copper, AISI316 stainless steel, AISI304 stainless steel and titanium.
- Multiple bend formations allow forming the heating element to the application. Spirals, compound bends and multi-axis and multi-plane configurations.
- Resistance wire fusion welded to the terminal pin for a stronger, positive electrical connection.
- Ceramic insulators isolate terminations from metal sheaths.
- Termination, mounting and moisture seal options available
- The tubular heating element lends itself ideally to the entire range of immersion, solids and air heating applications.