Thousands of Straight Lengths are
available – in stock – on the shelf.
Lengths from 350mm (14″) to 5000mm (196″)
available for immediate delivery from stock.
Alternatively non-stock items can be
made to order on FAST delivery times.
Contact Us for help selecting your Elements
Sectional View of Straight Heating Element
- Z Cold End or Inactive length.
- T1 Terminal Threaded 4BA, 2BA, M4 M5 or plain pin 2.5mm diameter. 19mm nominal length. Welded or crimp on terminals and end leads available.
- L Sheath. Minimum 350mm (14″) maximum 5000mm (196″) (Length tolerance +/-1%)
- D Diameter (Standard Stock) 8.0mm (5/16″), 6.35mm ( ¼” ), 10.5mm (0.415″), 11mm (0.43″) 12mm (0.47″) or 16mm (5/8″).
- X Active length.
- M Magnesium Oxide (MgO)
- S Ceramic (Aluminium oxide) insulator (4.8mm (3/16″) face) and silicone or resin seal, depending on operating temperature.
- N nut 4BA, 2BA, M4 or M5
- R Resistance wire spiral coil (Nickel Chrome)
- Watts at 240 volts, tolerance +/-7%
- Sheath Materials
Stainless Steel 304
Stainless Steel 316
Designed to meet BS7351-1990.
Elements can also be bent to particular requirements and provided with fixing bushes and other mountings.
- Resistance coils evenly stretched & centred in a metal sheath, filled with MgO, and heavily compacted.
- Available in round section sizes, in various sheath materials, such as incoloy, stainless steel, copper, & titanium.
- Can be fitted with fins, bushes (glands), ferrules, fixing-plates, brackets, leads, boxes, & many termination options.
This most versatile of elements has almost unlimited uses in heating air & gasses, liquids, solids, and vessels, as well as infra-red applications. Because it can be formed to extremely complex shapes, and grouped to give high power outputs, it is the most widely used element type, and can be found in practically every industry, either alone, or assembled into appliances or machines.
Enquiries are invited for elements not listed. Please state quantity, sheath material, watts loading, voltage, sheath length, inactive length, mounting method and end termination required. If elements are required bent to shape, please forward dimensioned sketch or drawing. Quotations will be sent by return.